HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - SKUNKED !!!!
Thread: SKUNKED !!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2004, 10:11 PM
canis_lupus

Default SKUNKED !!!!

get to an area where we have been watchin birds for a few days now ..... the area where it was too deep the day before and iced up yesterday .... well this mornin it was thawed ... lol .....anyhow .... a couple Kentuckians were set-up where we wanted to be ..... so we bit the bullet and headed down from em a ways ..... but from where we were we could still see em (well their boat anyhow ....stood out like a sore thumb) .... anyhow we sat til 11 am ..... saw round 150-200 birds but all a mile up ....didnt even squeeze the trigger ..... only thing within gun range was a single pied-billed grebe .... which brings up the thing that pi**ed me off .... being bored and with a fairly new duckhunter ..... we are sittin there watchin the grebe and talkin diff methods of waterfowl hunt and laughin while we listened to the 2 kentuckians callin (think they were practicin for the most part unless they were callin to the eagles or cormorants that were flyin overhead) i mean i have heard sum poor callin but this was just too funny ...... anyhow ..... the grebe starts headin their way ... a lil while later .... the 2 guys unload their guns into the water (could see the patterns partin the water) ..... then i guess they loaded back up ... maybe missed ??? lol .... and unloaded again (we heard at least 9 shots)...... soon after that they packed up and headed out ....maybe they realized what they had shot ??? ..... we werent happy duck hunters to say the least ..... then as we were gettin ready to pack up we had a flock of 50 or so canadas start to pass by ... hit em with a hail call .... they turned on a dime .... locked up and sailed our way .... banked out once they got within 70 yrds or so .... too bad we didnt have goose dekes out [:@] lol