HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WD-40
Thread: WD-40
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2002, 10:31 AM
Hk45USP

Default RE: WD-40

Hey guys, if you wanna try a really neat product that works like "Gun Scrubber", try CRC's "Electronic parts cleaner". It comes in a red spray can and is shelved at most auto parts stores. CRC makes many products, including one called "electronic motor cleaner". DO NOT use that one your guns. It leave a film that needs to be wiped off after you spray it and has a hard time evaporating, unlike the "electronic parts cleaner".

I use it because it's a couple bucks cheaper than gun scrubber.

I usually pre soak my bores/actions with "Shooter's choice" bore solvent, then use a nylon gun brush to scrub the slides, actions etc... I use a bronze brush for the barrel. Then to get all of the junk out, I spray the entire gun with the electronic parts cleaner (or gun scrubber). Then the gun is totally dry. I usually spray a coating of WD40 on the outside finish of the gun and use breakfree or shooters choice oil (FP-10) which lasts longer and doesn't evaporate like break free does after prolonged storage.

I go through a ritual when cleaning my guns. They all have names and they all talk to me!!!!!!!!! (not really....just kidding).