HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Luck and Hunting
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 10:50 AM
OOBuck

Default RE: Luck and Hunting

I love EVERYTHING that has been said about this topic. First of all, lets remember that deer hunting is hard. Luck or no luck. You said that all you have killed are only does? WELL NICE GOING!! Nothing wrong with shooting does. We all want to kill a nice buck, but takeing a doe home is MUCH better than takeing home nothing! I hunted just yesterday, & the only thing I saw was a cat! Thats right a cat! A cat walked past my tree stand in the early morning. I thought it might make a nice mount but I let it go! (JUST KIDDING!) Anyway, I believe that luck has at least a little something to do with every thing that we do. (The right place at the right time.) Hunting smarter & harder helps alot also, however I killed a 10 point buck on opening day last year, in the first hour of hunting, in a place that I never been to or scouted. THATS LUCK! This year, at this point I would love to just get even a doe! I would even take a small doe & be happy! I have hunted 12 times this year so fare totaling 120 hours in the tree stand, including bow, muzzel loader, shot gun, & rifel. I have been the only hunter on a this farm that has 450 acers. I have done everything that I can think of to bring in a deer & have not seen thing. I have baited 4 tree stands, I have used sent loc, doe scent, I have tryed these new stupid punks that you burn in the woods to attract deer, & NOTHING! So if you ask me you have been VERY lucky becauce you have harvested at least a doe. I think I would rather be a lucky hunter rather than a smart hunter. I work on Wall St. & I know alot of really smart people that are also realy broke! & I have met alot of "lucky" people that have become millionairs with little education of the markets, & if you ask me, thats luck.