HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer herd in 2G-A sign of things to come?
Old 12-15-2004, 05:25 PM
chickory

Default RE: Deer herd in 2G-A sign of things to come?

"I'm sure the area could no longer support those numbers, but can't we reach a happy medium?

NO.

that would be a "social carrying capacity" and PA used to honor the wishes of hunters.
But "Dr. Alt had this to say about sportsmen, "We've been held hostage politically by hunters for the past 70 years. Everyone who has gone after the deer herd has been fired or transferred or quit, and I might be another in a long line, who knows?"
http://www.acslpa.org/pgc/quality_deer_management.htm

He felt when he took the position that hunters had held the state HOSTAGE, and he has worked with conservationsists, biodiversity geeks, business's and nonhunters to take that power hunters once had away.

It will NEVER be regained in PA. Hunters having a say in the ways of management are over.
And that is because Vernon Ross, Dr. Alt, Cal Dubrock opened the door and invited in non hunters to outspeak the voices of hunters. Remember they even took cash donations amountingto over 1.3 million $$$ to finance Dr. Alt deer studies. (done through the extremists in Audubon).

Herd reduction has only just begun. It will get worse in your area as the large numbers of hunters go after lower numbers of deer.

Don't get mad at me, I'm just pointing out that hunters no longer matter in pa. You have been sold out by the leaders in Harrisburg. Not your fault, not my fault. But many of your fellow sportsman helped it along. Major sportsmans groups backed Dr. Alt and his plan for 12dpsm in pa, and you can write to them and thank them for selling you out.