HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rem. copper solids
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004, 11:30 AM
IL-Cornfed
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rem. copper solids

Absolutely devastating sulgs!!! I have used the Copper Solids since their intro in the early/mid 90's. I realize that they have gone under a slight redesign but they have always been incredible performers. In fact, every slugger we have thrown them through except a Browning Gold cantilevered barrel has loved them more than any other designs. This is indeed a 100+ yard slug. In fact, I took my best slug buck in '95 that was "crushed" at 110 yards broadside with this slug. At the shot the buck collasped in his tracks! That animal dressed 255# and scored 169 3/8" B&C. The slug had passed easily through both shoulders and expanded fully! A+ performance. This is one of MANY success stories that we have had since. My brother took a Doe the first evening of our slug season this year and again the Copper Solid demonstarted it's effectiveness!!! The shot was only 30 yards and quartering but the angle allowed the slug to expand fully and completely shattered the leg bones! The deer was obviously killed instantly but the hole blew my mind! The exit wound was the size of my fist!!! I can't see any of us ever using a different slug in our guns!