HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anybody own a Kimber?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004, 05:09 AM
USMC PMI

Default RE: Anybody own a Kimber?

I own an 8400 in .270 WSM, I as well have gone around full circle with many folks on the subject so I will simply offer my first hand opinion based on years of experience and professional traiining.
Accuracy- From a bench vise and using a remote trigger actuator and factory ammo (Winchester 130 gr BST) it will fire constant sub 5/8" 5 shot 100 yard groups. No human error involved, handloads are ever so slightly more accurate.
Weight- Very light, easy to handle, and considering the weight the recoil is mild.
Finish- Exceptional fit and finish, you will know that you are not handling a rifle you just plucked off the shelf at Outdoor World. (and the wood is awful pretty)
Trigger- Light, clean, and crisp, I would compair it to a middle-high end match trigger, it is adjustiable.

The price is up there but you can not compare this rifle to the Rem 700. How much would you have to pay to get a match grade barrel, match trigger, grade A hand finished walnut stock, glass bedded recoil lug, and a true free floated barrel on a Remington or any other rifle? This is a custom rifle at an affordable price, look at other US made custom rifles like Cooper, Dakota,McMillan/US Gun Works, or Harris (there are many others) thousands more than the Kimber, you can get the classic Kimber for under $1000. What you get for the money is an exceptional value. Don't know why folks like to trash the Kimber but I have yet to read a solid answer other than I just don't like them.