HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - sighting in a scope
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004, 10:22 PM
onebullet

Default RE: sighting in a scope

ORIGINAL: Jack Ryan

ORIGINAL: QTompkins2005

can i make one of these mounts out of wood or anything? If so can i get some directions?
Sorry, I can't resist.

That fifty would have bought a pretty darn good one.

Sand bags, a piece of 2x6, and a ratchet strap on a bench will work pretty darn well.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
yep- sand bags or packing blankets anything to rest the gun on so ya doesnt wobble around,
aim for the center of the target- steady-breath in and let it out completely-steady- squeeze the trigger slowly -the fire should catch you by suprise- take note of where your bullet hit- was it to the left or right of where you aimed? is it high or low from where you aimed?- adjust only up and down or left to right one at a time(doesnt matter which) on the second shot -after you aimed exactally at the same spot you did the first time and note where that bullet went--did your adjustment have any effect on where it hit compared to the first shot?- if it did how much closer are you?--adjust until you are on a centerline be it either up-down or left-right ---- (example +.) in this example the gun is shooting low and to the right- you would turn the scope up and to the left- most scopes are labeled as to direction of adjustment-- ALWAYS AIM AT THE SAME SPOT AS THE FIRST SHOT very important--- i sighted in my sons 7mm wsm and my 270 using this method used 5 bullets each to make center-good luck and good huntin-----------hope this helps-----------------------onebullet[8D]