HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hey Jersey Joe...
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 06:23 PM
Bow-4-It
Fork Horn

Default Hey Jersey Joe...

I got the story on that 230 lb. 16 pointer shot with a bow by a member of Clover R&G Club. It's true...BUT...that particular deer was a pen raised buck. The buck had been owned for the last 6 years by a fella named John Lutz. He lives about 3 miles from my Mom and Dad's on Federal Twist road...off 519 spur. He owns John Lutz welding and fabricating on rte. 12 a few miles east of Baptistown. His property borders Clover R&G Club property. Apparently, a caretaker left the pen door open one day and the buck escaped. Lutz even had a $5,000 reward for the safe return of the deer, but the buck happened to walk into bow range of that bow hunter who knew nothing about it. My guess is Lutz contacted all of the checking stations in the area and gave them a description of the deer and asked to be contacted if a hunter showed up with the monster in the back of his pick-up. I also heard that the deer will not be counted as any type of record because it was verified that it was a pen raised buck. Unreal!!!