HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - X-Mountie's Buck Pic
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2004, 08:23 PM
x-mountie
Inactive

Default RE: X-Mountie's Buck Pic

These are the 2 bucks i got this fall.

The big one scores 163 gross - he came in about 4:00pm on the third day hunting. Came into a clearing i was covering. Didn't hear him till he was about 25 yds from me. He dropped into a "crouch" and seemed to be staring right at me!! i took a quick shot and got him right in the neck. He dropped about 15 yds from there. After the shot, i heard crashing bedind me but nothing in site. I didn't realize how big he was till i walked over and saw the 12 points with 3 kickers. Needless to say some excited.

The second one (8 point) hasn't been scored. Got him on Saturday evening along with the doe he was ******ing!! They came in from the opposite direction from the big one. I have a strange feeling the big one saw this buck and was preparing to do battle!! I shot the buck and the doe ran right across from me - giving me the second shot. They both only went about 10 yds before dropping.

By the way the big one weighed 240 and the 8 pont about 185. the doe was 125. All three shot with a 308, 150 grn psp.