HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - They are coming at us again!
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2004, 09:15 PM
muley69

Default RE: They are coming at us again!

One of the concerns I have with environmentalist, is that they are often supporters of animal rights activist. Sometimes hunters throw in with an environmental group to try to preserve lands to hunt, while unwittingly throwing in with folks who do not support hunting. I'm not so sure the line of demarcation is quite that simple between land to hunt, and anit-hunters. If I'm not mistaken, some anti's went after hunting on federal lands not to long ago but were shot down. I'm opposed to the re-indroduction of the grizzly and wolves here in Montana. Population control is one of the major contributions of hunters in America. If wild predators start to do an adequate job of controlling population one of the prime reasons for hunting is compromised, add in the fact that there are fewer big game animals-which translates into fewer tags. There are several very subtle ways for our sport to be attacked. Somebody brought up the mountain lion situation in California, what has this done to mule deer hunting? Second question, is there a group out there the is specifically designed to protect hunting in America?