HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Summit Climber
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2004, 05:08 PM
handyhaver

Default RE: Summit Climber

Hello!!

First post here..... Great site.. been lurking for awhile but I just have to review this stand.

Just got a ViperXLS stand and used it for the first time this evening. All I can say is un "Bleepin" believable. So easy to set up, safe comfortable, I just can't believe I have waited this long to replace my old stand. I have been hunting out of a TM Hunter for years (show my age alittle) Although this was state of the art in its day, what a peice of crap. I must admit, it has served many years of hunting, many years of huggin a tree to climb, many years standing for hours till I would have to kick the tree just to get feeling back in my feet, many years of that oh so slight slip that gives you the cold sweats and races the old ticker a bit.

For my first trip out with it, (in the rain) it was pure joy (except for the rain) I still have to develope my little systems with it, and maybe a few minor mods, (bungee for speed stirrups) but I just can't wait to get it back out for a nice long morning or afternoon hunt. Going from a waist tether to the 4 point harness is going to take some getting use to also, very awkward with the strap above my head. I sat in the seat, turned and sat on the bar , even stood awhile (out of habit) I'm guessing you can tell what I think of it after my first time out. all in all.........................un "bleepin believable. If your thinking about one, get it!! You won't be sorry

Mark