HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cant believe this location, big bucks
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2004, 04:34 PM
m.t.hands
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Cant believe this location, big bucks

i was hammered by all the know it alls who evidently have never wounded a deer with a bow.
, aint it the truth, imo if you put up a good effort to recover a deer and have exhausted you abilitities you have done the best you can, and it does happen to us all sooner or later, in my 25+ years of deer hunting i have only not recovered 3 times (2bow shots and one w buckshot[:'(]), in my opinion i've been lucky, the longest on a recover for me was 11 days, of course the meat was not for human consumption, and it was a 8pt 18" spread 120"+ on a buck that really meant alot to me, thats why i put in the 11 days, long story short, i shot the deer 20 minutes before dark, did not think it was a marginal shot, guessing at what the shot had done i thought liver and clipped a lung, waited till 9p.m. after finding the initial blood, went about 150 yards and jumped him, left for the night not knowing that a rain/snow storm was moving in, well we all know what happens to a bloodtrail in the rain, looked everyday i could, the day i found him my uncle and cousin went with me and we made a zigzag course through the woods, the deer had gone almost a mile, btw i don't like loosing a deer and for sure not a good one. if it were me i would still be after or looking for the 12 pointer myself.

ya'll have a wonderful rest of the season

p.s. i don't miss, not much anyway