HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rash of Bad Encore Barrels
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2004, 10:31 AM
bigcountry

Default Rash of Bad Encore Barrels

My gunsmith in Westminster, MD has 5 barrels that his customers has brought back in, in the past year. They claim they won't group. One of the range officers at my range is one of the owners. He got 4"-5" groups with federal match ammo at 100yards with 308Win. Usually all guns like that stuff. He tried many other brands also. He got tired of it and bought a bullberry and now is almost a target rifle. But paid alot for that barrel. Anyway, my gunsmith has been fighting with T/C to replace them. They range from .223 to 50cal muzzleloader barrel. Complains range from bad headspace, rough barrels, crown out of round, whatever. He has even took legal action with a lawyer prelimaryly starting procedings. T/C hasn't replied.

I feel kinda bad. I have shot a few encores with decent groups. Nothing outstanding but very decent. So I talked my sister in law into buying my brother one for Christmas. Now he is getting one, and I will be to blame if it doesn't shoot.

Has anyone else seen this in the last year? I am not talking about 2 year or 3 year old encores. So don't bother posting about that. I am talking late 03, and 04 rifles. My smith said something drastic happened the barrels making this year.