HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Strange
Thread: Strange
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2004, 07:00 PM
hunter Leo

Default RE: Strange

I have a story that realates to this kinda but not really. 2 years ago we used to see this button buck going around all over the place. He would come out all hours of the day and rome in the campground and all. A guy we had stay here used to work at racetrack and he had grains and stuff on his boots and it grew grass by the steps on this camper... the deer used to feed on it periodically. Well come bow season and gun season when i hit the trail going into the woods he would be waiting there for me a few times a week. He would keep like 20 yards away and follow me all the way to my treestands. I climb up and he would be there right behind me and watch me. He would take off shortly after that. Being isolated I knew he would be safe down by my piece of woods. He did eventually disapear when he went into rut. The last time i saw him being only 20 yards away and the wind blowing i could smell him. He went away and I never saw the button buck again. He wasnt a pet but i tell you one thing... he followed me deeper in the woods them several weeks then my dog ever has. Anyone have a story that realates to mine?