HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Strange
Thread: Strange
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2004, 04:32 PM
jroot

Default RE: Strange

ORIGINAL: Jerky

If I'm not mistaken, here in West Virginia we are not allowed to have pet deer. So, if the doe would've been a trophy buck and had walked by my stand It would more than likely have had its tenderloins marinated and grilled medium-well.

The reason I say a "trophy buck" is because I've already got a doe for the year. I'm still looking for that trophy buck with a ribbon around its neck.
so when you were taking pictures of your trophy would you leave the collar on or take it off? i think a mount would look tremendous with the collar left on ...that way you could tell everyone of your hunting expertise on a domesticated animal and show it off with pride.

why don't you just go and put a stalk on a cow, or maybe a horse if you want to shoot tame domesticated animals.

regardless of whether or not people are suppose to have deer as pets it don't change the fact that the animal is no longer wild and fair chase. if i'm not mistaken under P&Y/B&C rules of fair chase you couldn't even have it entered in the record books.