HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer Theif
Thread: Deer Theif
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2004, 11:34 AM
hunter Leo

Default RE: Deer Theif

Last year i shot a doe in the snow and didnt get a great shot. I searche for it a half hour later and kicked it up. I decided since there was snow to come back in the AM and it was getting dark. Well i called up a friend and we tracked the deer to the end of my property that came out behind houses on the lake. We asked permission from everyone who was home to look for deer. I noticed one house had a trail going threw its front yard from snowblower but the driveway was not snowblowed. I didnt really think much about it. I went searching threw yards and seen where the deer was disoriented but had made it to the road.. then the trail stopped. We searched for 2 hours then it clicked on me... the deer ran down the pavement and threw the persons yard and they snowblowed the tracks away on me. You cant lose a deer in 4" of snow when your following blood. I followed his path to the side road where houses were on the otherside and the whole yard was snowblowed at the house across the road and no one was home of course. I was going to call up encon and see what they could do but i would need dogs to track the deer and no one could come with dogs till the following day and that night we had tons of rain and based on what fell and the guys snowblowing the tracks away the dog owner said it would be impossible for the dogs to track the deer after the rain melted all the snow. Talk about Ticked off! I know how this girl feels and i feel really bad for her.