HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Remington Fires on Safety
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2004, 05:14 AM
USMC PMI

Default RE: Remington Fires on Safety

I am also glad that you were not injured, excellent example of why safety rules are important even when hunting, many people are the safest in the world on the range but on opening day all the rules go out the window. I also had a similar experience with a Rem 700 BDL that was older, late 70's early 80's production. Same exact deal, flipped the rifle on fire and it went off, I did wound the deer as I was actually scoping it as I filpped to fire. I take excellent care of my firearms, the gummed up trigger was not the cause. I shipped the rifle to Remington who replaced the entire trigger/safety assembly, no charge. Apparently there was a recall on certain Rem 700's for this problem, it was announced maybe 5 years ago give or take.

There are several guides on the net that will help you purchase a used rifle, they give you a basic checklist to perform when considering a used firearm. They have you check many functions of the firearm including the saftey. I will try to find a good source and post it, not a bad idea to take along with you to the gun shop.