HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Remington Fires on Safety
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 09:31 PM
jones123

Default Remington Fires on Safety

Thought some would like to hear about my Remington experience. To make a long story short, last year my used Rem 700 7mm mag went off when I flipped the safety to fire. Scared off a buck I had stalked for about two and a half hours! Boy was I upset. My gun is always pointed safe, so no harm done, but I move it like everyone else and it could have been very bad. Luckily all that was hurt was my safety thumb with the kick. My thumb was bleeding like crazy and I lost the buck.

I had not wanted to believe the bad press about my Remington, but it happened to me!!!

Took the gun to a gunsmith, who would not even look at it, but just sent it to Remington. Remington said that the stainless barrel was rusted and that the trigger was all gummed up with old oil and dirt. I now believe them; the fault was my own when I did not check out my used purchase well enough. The rifle was made during the years when the safety was supposedly an issue, but this was an owner problem.

Then, Remington replaced the entire rifle except the bolt and stock for $160. Restored my faith in them entirely! Remington's on my good list again!!

I traded it in for a .300 wsm, not because I don't like Remington, but because I don't like the 7mm mag caliber, and I found a Winchester super shadow for a steal - Remington couldn't compete with this deal.

But I recommend Remington.

I posted this last year when I was very angry - doubt anyone would remember, but I thought I should say that they did me right.

And the best news - I got that same buck this year!!!