HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 07:08 PM
TerryM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

all i heard was re-lax its there winter home area. I TOLD YOU SO
I answered as many questions as I could based on my experience up there and at least 36 other trips from close friends over the last 5 years. Most people seem to appreciate my info and it seems tend to enjoy thier trips. You seem frustrated that you went up there and did not hit the migration bang on. It happens and it happened to me and also to my brother in law. I would guess you took the lack of game out on Donat and he likely wrote you off as the type of guy who just can't be pleased. Its fair chase hunting and they are a migratory animal. Why would they offer hunts into March if the caribou were gone by December? And yes that area is a winter yard area and once they arrive there they are in for the winter. They get harder to see as they stay in the thick bush and it becomes a deep hunt on snowmobiles. I never claimed that Mirage was not the nicest outfit, but he is almost twice as expensive as his competition. I would rather go twice than have a pool table and cafeteria. So far nobody got skunked to the best of my knowledge and if you read my posts i emphasized last week of Nov and first of December.
You are an unhappy person. Relax