HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 05:00 PM
liquidorange
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

TN_HUNTER im just calling it how me and my family got treated JUST LIKE YOU by northern caribou adventures and DO-NUT 2 years in a row! im 38 years old and taking my experience to the masses.im sorry to hear about your friends emergency but you said yourself there was a blizzard and unless your buddy personally was in a life and death situation i would not blame the MIRAGE for not flying.WHY DIDNT DO-NUT DRIVE YOUR BUDDY TO RADISSON? from the fancy vehicle i saw him driving he seemed to have a decked out rig for getting somewhere more quickly someplace in a bad weather situation. the only guy i delt with was some guy ron and he was no help.im aware that many have had a great time using this outfitter but that seems to be only when the times are good and the caribou are in the area. i didnt see any of there guides on the road helping out.i understand there are many hunters up there so i guess i loose. i didnt pay for a guide so im not gonna complain about that. there roadside trailers are fine but unless you come up there with your own big group they will shove you in with 8 other guys . now you have to worry about keeping an eye on your gear and the 2 or 3 guys who stay up all night partying,smoking up a storm, and getting into arguments not to mention the HEADACHE SMELL OF THE OIL HEATERS.THERE ARE NO WALLS OR ROOMS OR PRIVACY AT ALL! JUST ONE BIG ROOM THAT ALL 12 HUNTERS SLEEP AND SNORE IN. i made myself a promise when i got back from hunting with northern caribou adventures and DO-NUT i would tell my story and give the thumbs down. i didnt intend to make this a MIRAGE versus northern caribou. i never stayed at the mirage.I WILL BE LOOKING INTO AFFORDABLE CARIBOU ADVENTURES. THEY SENT ME A TAPE A COUPLE YEARS AGO. THEY HAVE A TRAILER ADVERTISMENT OUTSIDE CABELAS STORE IN HAMBURG P.A. so im gonna look them up again. i think ive made my point. i feel that some of the posters that debated me on this type hunt didnt experience the ugly side of the hunting up there and think they know it all. its funny how i told all that if the caribou arrived early it could be tough hunting later in december. all i heard was re-lax its there winter home area. I TOLD YOU SO