HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pennsy guys
Thread: Pennsy guys
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 11:06 AM
Zinc

Default RE: Pennsy guys

Doughboy,Ive read some of the guys are seeing less deer. All I can say is that in Jersey a hunter could literally take 4 does a day from begining of September to mid Feb in certain zones (Thats alot of deer). Some zones have the 3 points on one side rule as well and from my observation the Bucks have never been bigger or healthier.In my zone its called earn a buck where during the bow season you must take a doe first before you can shoot a buck.All I can say it seems there are more deer than ever. I cant comment on the herd in PA except for the area surrounding my house. During the spring and summer I saw a lot of deer. I had a real bruiser 10 point in my back yard on several occasions but in the last month I havent seen a deer. Its like they just vanished.

I do think in PA the plan is to broad. it should be customized more to fit indivdual areas. Like the way it is broken up in Jersey. Many zones have diffrent bag limits and requirements to suit each zones deer population. Thats just my 2 cents.

Oh and youre right I need to hook up with some local guys but I have to tell you it seems these guys up here are pretty hush hush when it comes to thier hunting areas.