HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Jersey shotgunners
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 08:55 AM
NJ_Bowhntr

Default RE: Jersey shotgunners

Wow Joe, that is a whole days work at the check station near me.

My day started off good. Got to my parking spot a little late in zone 28, two trucks were already there. Of course they had to walk right passed my No Tresspassing signs to get into the woods, so I knew this would be an easy ticket. Heard one shoot at 7:02am, rounded him and his buddy up, but then another shot rang out on the property at 7:50am. Got the information of the two guys and went looking for the next "hunter". Never found him. I think he was with that group and they had radios. I did see a limpy doe though. Wish I could have shot her to end her suffering, but it's not legal in my zone to shoot does this week. Went back to have breakfast with my dad, but before I could, I got a call about a green minibus doing the drop-off on our property in Alloway. So, I shoot out there and see them stopped at the corner of our land. They were all in the bus, don't know if they were getting ready to start, or had just finished the drive, but I let them know they needed to stay clear of the land. A couple of smart mouths in the bus didn't like that, so I followed them for a little bit to make sure they were gone. Then, I hear a shot on the ground, so I parked in the neighbors driveway and waited. Sure enough, same guy from down the street I busted there last year comes out with his cousin, again. I put more paper on them and asked what happened to the deer. They said it was a miss.

At noon, I walked the property line for my brother on his lease in zone 28. Found where someone had dragged something across the line, so I backtracked to a stand, then found a huge trail cut to another stand. There was no blood in the area, but very fresh bait so I'm guessing they had just finished baiting their stand on my brothers property. Took the stands down and left them at the base of the tree with a note advising they remove them.

Had lunch, talked to the biologist at the check station for a while then went back out, but didn't "bag" anyone in the afternoon.

Ahh yes, I just love buck week in NJ.