HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New to Forum
Thread: New to Forum
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 02:39 PM
Flintflinger

Default RE: New to Forum

I think my 7 years gun hunting did contribute to my first bow kill, however, I hunt with my brother in law who has been gun hunting for 20 years, bow hunting for 3, still has yet to harvest with his bow. I dont remember a time that he hasnt harvested with his gun. Anyway, that is neither here nor there, I was just in the right spot at the right time. I did learn alot while gun hunting, I learned alot more while bow hunting.

I dont want to be controversial. I dont think hunting by any means is easy, no matter your choice of weapon. Granted it doesnt take a whole lot of skill to shoot at smoething 200 yards away but it does take skill TO BE ABLE to shoot 200 yards away. Any idiot can shoot AT something 200 yards out, but it takes skill to HIT what your aiming at. Just as it takes skill to shoot at an animal 26 yards out with a bow. Case in point, my brother inlaw. Second year bow hunting, didnt practice much. Called in a 3 point bull elk. Flung 4 arrows at and missed each time, 2 under, 2 over. Was there any skill in that? Not in my opinion. Skill comes with practice. He didnt practice.

My bottom line is that hunting isnt easy, if it were every one would do it.