HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ethical question
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 09:25 AM
xd9x19
Fork Horn

Default Ethical question

Got a question about a hunting situation I encountered this weekend. My son and I had just started driving back home when we spotted 3 does out in a field about 100 yards from the road. Since he hasn't bagged a deer yet (we're starting our 3rd season), he was dying for me to stop and let him get out on the side of the road and try for one. It was still twenty minutes or so before the legal "quittin' time", but I wasn't sure if this was an ethical situation. Barring any hunting regulations about how far you have to be from a road (I know it's 150 feet over in AR, where I go snow goose hunting), what do you guys think about such a situation? There was a small ditch between the road and field, so he would have been able to lay down and use the ground for a rest. Also, while this road is probably a county road, it's really just used for farmers to access the surrounding fields. On more days than not, you'd win if you bet you wouldn't see or hear another car on the road while hunting.

**** Just realized this sounded like a complete newbie question. We were STILL on the land that we have permission to hunt. It would have definitely been out of the question had we not still been on the land we have permission to hunt. *****