HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunters killed in WI!!
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004, 12:27 PM
Briman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunters killed in WI!!

he mentality that comes with 90% of the hunters using a SKS or the AK knockoff. We have all seen it I am sure. The mentality is what mine was when I was 12 or 14. Its usually dangerous and sometimes risky, see it, shoot it with as many shots as possible. Which I think most of us on this page would agree, is not an ideal/ethical hunters mentality that come to mind for most Americans.
Bigcountry- I can also agree that there are people like that out there. I've observed this behahior while sitting in a stand on the fenceline of the property I hunted on and watched as two hunters sitting in the middle of the field would rapid fire until their bolts locked back at any deer that ran past them, sometimes these hunters would get a "lucky" shot in and actually hit the deer- in the jaw or front leg, before it ran onto the property I hunted on[:@] I've seen these type of hunters on public land many of times also- I actually watched a buck through my binos walk up behind a guy sitting on a wooded hill and saw the man turn around and blast away at the deer as it ran through the thick woods away from him.

In every case, the rifle used by these 'hunters' looked to be a remington. Do I think that everyone using a remington 7400 is a slob hunter? no. But when I work at a deer rifle sightin clinic and see scores of these rifles a year, I often times feel I could almost pick out the shooters who will have the tendancy to do this.

It ain't the gun, its hte guy behind the gun.