HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - someone's in MY blind
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004, 09:15 AM
canis_lupus

Default RE: someone's in MY blind

i think everyone that has hunted waterfowl for anytime at all has been in that type of situation .... it really gets to me tho when ya are set-up and sumbody comes in and sets up on top of ya ..... have had that many of times .... the two times that stand out the most tho are ..... set my dekes and ran to the store ... had lost my lighter while settin up ..... came back and guys were settin their blinds up over my decoys .... i bout s--t ..... when they saw me walkin down over the bank they grabbed their gear and jumped in their boat ...... other time we were set up on a nearby river for an afternoon hunt .... boat motors passed us and to my surprise they start tossin out decoys not 60 yrds away ..... called every bird from em .... but here is the kicker ..... they pull their gear up and swing up river (downwind) and start crackin birds as we worked em .... lol ...... at first i laughed so hard i was crying .... even hollaring over to em good shot A--H--E ...... but after awhile it got old .... started loadin up into the boat and they hauled A-S ...... those are the days ya wished ya had a camcorder on hand .... but anyhow .... guys i know when the birds get slim pickins its easy to get VERY upset at people movin in on ya ... but ya gonna have that no matter what unless ya hunt private property .... just get used to it and have plenty of back-up holes to hunt .......(either that or boobytrap the blinds ) lol ..... good luck