HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - team 11 "THE OUTLAWS"
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2004, 12:21 PM
mossy33oak
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: team 11 "THE OUTLAWS"

well fellas, I guess I did the right thing.....I aint gonna help our team score much but heres my story, I have hunted hard for the entire first week of MD rifle, and not seen A DEER!!! So, today on the way to my truck, I see 15 deer run into an island hedgerow. So needing some meat for the freezer, I put the stalk on this group of does (or so I thought) anyway I get up to the hedgerow and still nothing has busted out, so I walk into it on a 4 wheeler path, well I look to my left and I see horns and ears looking at me at 20 yards. I put the bino's up to see through the brush better and count 5 points, so since we have an 8 or better rule, I was gonna walk past him and let him stay hunkered down in safety. Well I took 2 more steps and he tried to get up but couldnt, obviously hit bad but not enough to put him out. So I watched him for a few minutes and I could see a bullet hole in his shoulder, but it wasnt bleeding. The hole I saw was bigger than a golf ball so I walked up to him within 10 yards and I could see it was pretty bad. So I raised the 25-06 and put one in his neck to end his misery. I checked him in, so if you guys want I can score him and add it to the pot, he probably wont go more than 50" I guess. This makes the 3rd deer seen in our area wounded by bad shots, (my dad saw 2 does with their front leg drawn up obviously broken by bad shots!!! Man what are these people doing out here, Id love to wrap their guns around their necks. I think people get the deer running, and just start whackin away at them on the run. I am pissed!!!