HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Offical Team 2"Buckhammer Prostaffers" Thread
Old 12-04-2004, 07:31 AM
dvdegeorge
Typical Buck

Default RE: Offical Team 2"Buckhammer Prostaffers" Thread

Congrates John Deer,my bad luck continues,wanted to hunt a stand on the backside of a cut corn field,neighboring property gets hunted and I figure Sat. will get some pressure.Well walking in was very noisey 25 degrees and very crunchy snow covering the ground,so I deceided to set up at a point in the field under a large hickory tree,and watch the field,the deer usually cut the field and pass this tree.Well at 7:00 AM I see movement along the lower wood line ,then a doe appears and another,they got push out of the neighboring property like I suspected and hoped would happen.Then out comes a nice shooter buck,only problem is these deer stay low along the wood line and don't angle to the hickory tree as they usually do.The deer where about 235 yards away if I had got in the stand I was heading to originally I would have had a chip shot[:@]Someone take the curse off me now,I surrender and have had enough