HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunters killed in WI!!
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 11:49 AM
Briman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunters killed in WI!!

Well my definition is pretty easy and has alot of common sense when it comes to assult rifles. Rifles produced to assult someone or some army. Usually produced with the intention of fighting wars with.

I know some will get on here and say, what about the modified model 70's and 700's used as sniper rifles in vietnam.

I don't know guys, its pretty clear to me.
To add:
Remington 700 rifles have been used by the military to kill people since the vietnam war. There are alot of dead Iraqis who were sent to Allah by soldiers and marines armed with Remington 700 rifles.
To add to the list- the military also uses Remington, benelli and Mossberg shotguns for assault purposes- these are some of the most brutal small arms used by infantry in close range assaults. None of these are any different than the shotguns you can buy a Dick's sporting goods, with the exception of a few addons and different finishes.

Bigcountry- also, how would you classify an AR-10? These have never been used widely by any significant military, yet its little brother the AR-15 is the mainstay of the American soldier. Also, what are your feelings about the Mini-14- its actually been used for some military purposes in the past- probably more than the AR-10.

Winchester Model 70's? Pretty similar to the eeevil rifles of the Third Reich than killed 10's of millions of people. In its day, the model 98 was the foremost military rifle in the world, and was made for the purpose of killing people.