HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question about Blaze orange and hunting on the ground?
Old 12-02-2004, 03:46 PM
Beau44

Default RE: Question about Blaze orange and hunting on the ground?

Thanks for all the information. I think I will take the Blaze Orange cloth my wife bought and just hang it up in the tree we are under. It is only about 8" tall. The backside of the tree we will be under is protected by the hill right behind us so if I put the Blaze Orange on the frontside I think I will feel better about safety.

Sounds like the forecast for the first day is for winds out of the southwest around 5 to 15mph with a low Friday morning of around 30 degrees and a high Saturday of around 48 degree's, so far everything is working out prefect.

I cannot believe how excited I am about Deer hunting this year. Not sure if it is because of my Son going with me or I just feel Lucky this year.

I was going to go hunting during the disabled Deer season here in Iowa. In fact I had all the paper work filled out by the Doctor and needed to just go to a DNR Office and get a the licesnse. The day before I was going to get my License my appendix decided to rupture and I spent about 10 day in the the hospital with an infection after I had surgery. That is the way my luck is always has been. But this time I am feeling better than I have in Month's so I am pretty sure I am going to make it though this season, at least a couple of days of it.

Before I got sick about 11 years ago I used to hunt some land my In Laws farmed. It had a big timber that came with the land the rented. Well After the 3rd year I was hunting it and I was standing behind this really big Oak tree about 1 hour before the official time to start shooting at Deer here in Iowa which is 1/2 before sunrise I was looking around as the sun was coming up and just about every where I looked I saw Hunters with their Blaze Orange on. I think at the time I counted like 18 hunters. All I could think of at that time is if some clown doesn't see me where I am standing and shoots at a deer I might get nailed. The problem was their was only supposed to be about 8 hunters out there that were in our group and the rest were not supposed to be there. It got so bad I decided to find another place to hunt with out so many hunters.

When we would catch up with the tresspassers they would act like they didn't realize they were on someone else's land. They knew darn well they were not suppposed to be there. Heck I remember running 2 groups of Hunters off 2 years in a row that acted like they didn't know they were tresspassing maybe the first time but not the second time. Should of turned them into the law but I hate to do that to anyone.

So Far at my Bother-in-Laws which is about 72 miles away he has never had a problem with tresspassers. he lets a few people Bow hunt and pheasent hunt if they want to but with people just walking on it hasn't been a problem. He is a Police Officer in City about 30 Miles East from where he lives He grew up in the area so I am not sure why people are respecting his land and not others. I suppose it coul dbe he is a Cop but he has got to be the mellowest person I know So I am sure that people around the area don't think he is a thug or mean person.