HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Next Time It's Kryptonite Bullets...
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2004, 12:17 PM
nyorange
Fork Horn

Default RE: Next Time It's Kryptonite Bullets...

Shot a 6pt with a 44mag 1894 in the neck two years ago. Went over to it immediately as it went down instantly. Blood sprayed out from the initial shot but it was not bleeding alot. Deer had its eyes rolled back in its skull(all white,no pupils could be seen) and seemed to be having some sort of convulsion, I put another one through the neck and jugular and the eyes came back and the body relaxed and it was dead. I will not do another neck shot with a .44 mag and proabably not in general. if I were to do another one I would make sure I was using a fast and explosvie bullet say a something like Nosler BT moving at 3000fps which would really shock the system. What bullet were you using? A JSP? I may switch to some premium JHP for hunting with the .44 mag to increase the shock value. Right now, with the 240g JSP it just seems to go through things leaving neat clean holes. Good for lung shots but not a drop in its tracks kind of round. May have to up the shock factor a little via different bullet or another round.IMO