HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Very interesting Saturday...
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2002, 02:10 PM
Osprey
Fork Horn

Default Very interesting Saturday...

Well first of all, I own a westie (west highland white terrier) who likes to sit on windowsills and watch for whatever goes running through the woods. Anyway at about noon on Saturday I hear her start going crazy, so I run upstairs and look out the window, and see about 15 deer runnin through the back yard, they went about 30 yards into the woods behind my house and stopped. I saw at least one buck in with them so I went in to the woods and tried to get a closer look, I got about 15 yards away when something in front of them spooked em and they all turned around and started running right at me. 10 of the deer (all does) split off to my right and ran out into my back yard, across the ST. and into the woods, but the other 5 (all bucks) kept coming full speed strait at me, I don't know if they didn't see me or what, But I knew If I didn't get out of the way I was going to be run over, So I stood up and tried move out of the way to the right, they didn't even react when I stood up, they just kept coming, and I just barely got out of the way of the lead buck, he brushed my side and just kept going. They ranged in size from 4 to 10 points, the lead buck was a big 8. I never did see what spooked em...

><>