HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What to do.............?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 11:53 PM
nyorange
Fork Horn

Default RE: What to do.............?

The thing to do is to write a letter.
Dear Sir, etc, THANK YOU for letting us hunt there the past years, greatly appreciated etc etc. We really enjoyed it etc etc. I realize there may have been some problems but we always tried to do the right thing etc etc and followed the rules you told usfrom the beginning. We never etc etc and I feel we may be being blamed for the actions of some of the others.etc etc. regardless sir, thanks for the past hunting experiences and if in the future if you should change your mind we would be greatly appreciate the chance to hunt your land again etctetc. Also, we'd be glad to do a little work or help maintain the place in exchange for such a privilege. Again thanks etct etc and I wish you a merry christmas/holidays etctetc. Sign (put your name here)

This way you get the benefit of the doubt in the future, he may change his mind, you show that you are a stand up guy and who knows what may happen. Even if you never hunt his property again at least you will be well thought of and he will have nice things to say about you, and last but not least, there is no skin off your back for doing so. Can't hurt you to be nice about it, and it may help. IMHO. hope it helps.