HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - which 22 rifle to buy?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 10:53 PM
adkfreeridex

Default RE: which 22 rifle to buy?

i have a ruger 77/22mag....i really like the looks and feel of it. i bought if off a shop on gunsamerica.com for 350 brand new. its a so-so shooter, but i am not done finding ammo it likes and tinkering with it. the thing with me is to find the gun that you like the most, and dont worry about the price. the reason why is that most guns, especially .22s will last forever, so for the extra cost that it takes to get a one that you like a lot ends up being negligible in the long run. but like many people said here, there are plenty of less expensive guns that will shoot as good or better than the $$$$ ones. personally i like sleek lines, no exposed mag, and nice wood-----all are just thinks that make a gun look pretty, thats it. i might add tho, that with the 77/22 you can buy an aftermarket sear and spring for 30 bucks that eliminate creep and reduce the trigger pull significantly. it took .5" off my groups at 50yrds instantly. that new remington bolt (541????) looks like a nice tack driver, but it too is a little $$$ as far as .22s go. you have a lot of options out there, but any of the guns the guys have mentioned here are good choices. i might get a henry, becuase it looks like a great gun to knock over cans with in the backyard.....it s a great price for a lever gun, and as people say, its a shooter too.