HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Newbe, Shooting Left handed bow right handed...
Old 12-01-2004, 09:37 PM
snowman69

Default RE: Newbe, Shooting Left handed bow right handed...

your best bet would be to go to a pro shop and get it set up properly. you need to find out if you are left eye or right eye dominent that will tell you what handed bow to shoot. even though you shoot alright shooting a left handed bow right handed you will never reach your full potential as a bow shooter. even if you are left eye dominent and you are more comfortable shooting right handed and closing one eye then all the power to you lots of great archers do it personally I used to shoot right handed(because I am right handed) when I was left eye dominent and I decided to learn to shoot left handed and actually it didn't take that long to get used and I could not even wipe my a$$ with my left hand. Like I said go to a pro shop they will help you out. also you mentioned that the string can't hit your arm this way but the thing is if your form is proper and the bow is set up for your draw length the string should never hit your arm. Good luck