HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - "I only hunt for the meat"?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 03:24 PM
Buck Huntin Girl

Default RE: "I only hunt for the meat"?

funny you say that about poor people though, I consider myself one of those. I live in a one income house with two little mouths to feed as well as two adult mouths to feed. This is the last year we will be paying to process a deer, as it is awfully expensive. In fact, unfortunately, this year our two deer are taking away the money I had set aside for my kid's Christmas presents, so I am not even sure if they will get more than two or three things, and that thought had me in tears tonight.

My boyfriend's dad just gave us all of the equipment we need to process our own deer, so next year, the only cost will be the gas to the woods and the tags (which are expensive enough as it is).

We were not expecting our 2nd deer to be done until February, but they called tonight, draining that last $200 I had set back for Christmas...

Um... duh, I forgot to add the orignal debate topic... LOL

Well, I of course would be thrilled with shooting a monster buck, and would certainly at least have my boyfriend mount the antlers (prob. couldn't afford a full mount), but if it came down to saving hundreds on meat through the year by shooting a doe, I'd do it in a heartbeat, I have does crawling all over around my stand, not quite as many bucks, but a good number of them still... I have just gotten lucky with my first two years of hunting and harvested two bucks in a row.