HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - This should heat it up.......
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 02:22 PM
extreme1
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: This should heat it up.......

I rifle hunted for a good 15 years,and started bowhunting in 1998.I trulely think its more difficult to harvest a trophy buck,heck,just a deer in general,with a bow.So what im trying to say is I have more respect for the hunter that harvests his or her deer with a bow.BUT,thats my opinion.
If my friend shot a big,beautiful deer with his rifle then id be happy for him and respect the animal.
Everyone has their own opinion on their own style of hunting.Growing up,rifle hunting was the favorite amongst friends and family.Everyone had the excuse that archery takes to much time to learn and never had the time.I personally wanted to take the time to learn and can proudly say im the only one in the family that bow hunts.
I still do rifle hunt every year with the 'GANG" because i want to.Its the guys getting away from things for a week at the camp,drinking(after hunting)and playing cards.Just the good times with friends and family,and memories to last a life time.If someone shoots a big buck with his rifle then im happy for him.
I think what im trying to say is everyone has there own style of hunting and whatever makes that person happy then so be it.No one is higher or mightier then the next.
Im really surprised that everyone here is fighting like school children over something so silly.