HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - This should heat it up.......
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 11:09 AM
Gryan

Default RE: This should heat it up.......

As the pot stirs...

My opinion shouldn't matter in that anyway and I certainly wouldn't offer anything but congratulations on any of the kills. I just wouldn't put as much emphasis on the acomplishment in my own mind if it was not a bow kill.
Isn't that being phony? Why bother saying anything at all if it isn't heartfealt and honest?

How about the doe I shot with my in-line last Friday. Came in with five other deer. Milled around for about fifteen minutes trying to figure out what was up with the orange hat in the brush pile, 12 eyes and noses searching, never figured me out in all that time. I slowly raised my muzzloader when she passed behind a tree, just like my bow, centered the crosshairs on her shoulder and then *bang* down. fifteen steps, never even twitched. The other five milled around for another fifteen minutes before I chased them away.

close range...clean kill...not busted by several adult deer at ranges as close as ten yards...admired her beauty...utilized to the fullest (took all meat, sent hide to tanner for gloves, making soap from all of her fat)

Should I be proud or not? Could have drilled her with my bow but hey my muzzleloader was feelin lonely! Don't tell me you are happy for me, your not really you know. Your just saying that.[:'(]

Greg