HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - This should heat it up.......
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2004, 07:00 PM
Sharpshot_71

Default RE: This should heat it up.......

B

Choose what you want, but dont think of yourself as being superior because you can get deer with a bow. Anything can be a trophy in the eye of the beholder. A smaller 8 pointer that i shot my first year when i was 12 will always be my greatest whitetail trophy, and my dad saw it the same way, so he put it on the wall for me. It wasnt a huge buck, but it was my first deer, and the bigger then anything my dad had ever shot. I bow hunt to extend my season. Rifle season is three short weeks in a place 200 miles from home. I look forward to that hunt all year. Now i got my bow i can look forward to that too. I agree that bow hunting is a lot harder, and when i shoot a doe with my bow i will be more excited then the 6 pointer i shot this year with my rifle. But where i hunt taking a buck is a challenge, with anything. Getting a deer with a gun is awesome, but getting one with a bow is tougher and maybe more exciting. I still dont believe, as far as the deer goes, it matters what you got it with. You got it. Think what you want, but dont go around sayin people who kill deer with a gun are inferior. I bet if you put this topic in the "deerhunting" page, you would get a much differant reply.