HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - This should heat it up.......
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2004, 01:59 PM
Bird Hunt Dog
Typical Buck

Default RE: This should heat it up.......

When I see a good buck that was shot with a gun I definitely look at it differently. I think to my self that would have been a real trophy with a bow. It is a trophy in either respect. In this part of my State the majority of the gun hunters do little or no scouting and If they do get a good buck its usually just dumb luck. They have one weekend or two a year so they don't put much effort into it. Thats not necessarily bad. If you put little work into the hunt you deserve less of a congratulations for you successes because they were less deserved. That is also why it takes a 160" deer to get B&C and 125" to get a P&Y. Obviously its easier to shoot a large buck with a gun. NOTICE I said "easier" NOT EASY!!

I don't gun hunt for deer. I have a few times in the past and it just doesn't do anything for me. I support all hunting but that doesn't mean I have to like or be involved in it! I say I don't have to like it,meaning that the only reason I dislike gun hunting here, is that it screws up my bow hunting, thats all!!