HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Newbe, Shooting Left handed bow right handed...
Old 11-29-2004, 06:14 PM
PoBoyHunter

Default Newbe, Shooting Left handed bow right handed...

Ok, heres the question and story... My uncle gave me a PSE Elite about a year ago. (It had been his and I found it at my grandparents and he said I could have it) Anyway, I put it up until this last summer when I got bored and desided to take it and try it out. Not knowing what I was doing I held it in my left hand and pulled it back with my right. I didn't shoot worth a darn (didn't have sights or release). I got it Back out a few weeks ago and went to Walmart and bought some stuff for it, again not knowing what I was doing, and took it out back, sighted it in and shot it. After shooting it a few days Iam resonable good shooting 2in groups at 10yds, 2in at 20yds, 3in at 30yds, and 6in at 40yds.
Heres the question: Ive got to looking and the arrow rests on the right side of the bow, so this means it is a left handed bow correct? Also I have obviously been shooting it wrong (shooting left handed bow right handed) Is this OK since Iam shooting pretty good for having practiced a week?