HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - someone's in MY blind
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2004, 10:47 AM
DUCKSTAMPEDE

Default RE: someone's in MY blind

I actually had a situation a few years back where I had leased some land, set up a blind, and was all ready to go. A fellow walked into my decoys, put a laydown blind in place and settled in. I called in a bunch of snows and they came right in on top of him and I waited for him to pop up and shoot. He took two on the wing. Got up, picked up his geese, picked up his laydown and headed back out of the decoys. I finished hunting that morning and went back to town to get something to eat and found him setting in the cafe. He came over to the table and told me that he had hunted that place for 30 years and had just recently returned from a overseas and wanted to hunt it one more time before he quit hunting. I asked him to join me in the blind for the afternoon as I expected both ducks and Canadians to come in since the wind had shifted and it was snowing. He came out and joined me. He jump shot everthing that came by-I never got a single shot off. Biggest jerk I ever met but that said I laughed heartily when he asked if he could come back the next day. Told him that I believed one day with an a.. was about all I could handle and that I didn't believe I was interested. Never saw him again.