HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Offical Team 2"Buckhammer Prostaffers" Thread
Old 11-29-2004, 09:57 AM
Virginia Mike
Fork Horn

Default RE: Offical Team 2"Buckhammer Prostaffers" Thread

Sorry to hear that story Dvdegeorge. That really ticks me off. I also have been waiting for the right wind to hunt a great stand. It came on Friday and I walked in only to find someone sitting IN my stand. He also had a buddy in another of my stands right across the river from him. I very politely apoligized for walking in on him and his buddy and wished them luck, and backed out. Went right to my truck and called the warden. I waited at the truck for the warden and when he got there we began to walk in. Then we heard a shot and it turns out the guy shot a doe out of my stand. We walked up to both of the poachers and the warden cuffed them both and called for help. He took their rifles, car keys, and the deer. I will need to appear in court next month, but I don't think they will be on my land again. It ruined a good day of hunting, but I feel I did the right thing. Keep sticking it out and put as many hours in the stand as you can. I'll be praying my "Big Buck" prayer for you.

Good Luck and stay safe,
Mike