HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My doe pics from 11-26-04
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2004, 08:06 AM
atlasman

Default My doe pics from 11-26-04

Hunted all day with my older brother and my dad. What a beautiful day. Easrly morning snow and a couple inches on the ground. Perfect for hunting. I spent the morning watching the snowflakes land on my gun and could actually make out the crystal structure of each flake.........it was really pretty neat. At about 8:15 am I see a doe jog out at about 110 yards and she is looking to get outta dodge only she doesn't know where to go. After a bunch of head turning she heads back the way she came and I don't see her again. The rest of the moring was quiet and when I got back to the truck my brother tells me that he was face to face with that doe but he wasn't paying attention and he was on the ground when she popped out so OH WELL.........try again after lunch.

We took a long lunch. My dad doesn't have all day hunts in him any more and frankly we were tired too. We headed back in at 2:30 pm and got set up........we had agreed to meet at the truck at about 4:30 pm. Around 4:15 I just had a feeling that my spot was gonna be solid at the end of the day. I radioed my brother and told him not to worry about me because I was gonna stay in a little longer. Sure enough at 4:35 pm I hear a noise behind me and 2 big does were coming out of the pines. I waited as they tried to decide how to get across a large puddle..........when they did I let the biggest doe hop over a blown down pine and took my shot when she was broadside at around 35 yards. She buckled hard and ran off. I got down immediately and called my brother and dad and told them to come back to where I was. I followed the doe from where I hit her and she went about 40 yards and was layning in the pines she came from.

We have had a very nice year so far. I took a 6 pt with my bow and 2 does and a 4 pt with my gun. My brother has taken 2 does......1 with bow and 1 with gun. We have almost 500lbs of venison stuffed into our freezers and plenty of time left to hunt.

Here are some pics.