HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunters killed in WI!!
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2004, 03:10 PM
jmfa1957

Default RE: Hunters killed in WI!!

ORIGINAL: Briman

I'll admit I give most civilians in the weeds with an assualt rifle a real wide berth unless I know them personally and their reputation.
Once again thankyou for your second amendment bigotry. Pox on you.

I firmly believe that it is counterproductive to classify rifles as "GOOD" and "BAD" but I totally agree with you about strangers with assault weapons afield.
Isn't interesting when the people talking to the media won't even consider the weapon an "assault weapon" but the so-called gun experts on such a site as this are quick to label it as such?
When was the last time a gun assaulted someone?

The mass murder makes me really angry and sad, but when I come back from deercamp and log on to a favorite site such as this and see such comments as Iee here, my head wants to explode.
[:@]

The attitude here doesn't sound any bit different than John Kerry and the rest of the gun banner buffoons- if you can't afford the $1000 gun that I use, you shouldn't be hunting.

[:@]
My friend, maybe the folks in your part of the country are pretty civilized, but more than once when out in the woods I have encountered obvious groups of gang bangers out and about toting SKSs, AKs, and other weapons that may not be fully automatic but nonetheless can send a lot of lead downrange in a hurry. Lots of natural forest land is used by gangs to cultivate marijuana, and God help you if you stumble onto one of these areas because you may well be shot at. This is one reason I don't hunt public land anymore. Being cautious of strangers with semi autos is NOT the same thing as being a proponent of banning them, which I most certainly am NOT. I AM one for staying away from idiots and obvious trouble. This isn't Second Amendment bigotry, this is good judgement.

My only experience with SKS rifles is confined to those owned by my buddies. None of these rifles groups worth a pinch of crap, even though they are interesting and fun to shoot at the range. If I was a hunter on a budget, I personally would opt for a surplus Mauser. I have several ex-military Mauser rifles, 98s and Swedes, that all shoot well enough to ethically hunt with. If you've got an SKS that you can shoot well, I can't and won't criticize you for hunting with it, but it sure wouldn't be my choice. To each his own.