HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - high hit or gutshot?
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2004, 08:15 PM
aeroslinger
Typical Buck

Default high hit or gutshot?

I shot a doe tonight at about 5:30. My pins were fading but I thought I had it on the boiler at about 20 yards. She was broadside turned to my right and that's the way she bolted. It sounded like a good hit. I found the arrow by a tree about 7-8 yards from where where she was standing and in the path she ran. There is blood on the arrow the entire length and on the fletchings. A few small bits of meat but not much. The blood looks more red towards the nock end and on the fletches but appears more brownish around the middle. There are a few hairs that are white at the bases and gets darker toward the tip with the very tip white again. I looked for about an hour and a half but could not find any signs of a blood trail and decided to go back in the morning. I'm thinking a high shot since not blood sign. Does this sound right? The temps are supposed to be in the mid 40's tonight. By the way, I'm shooting a Pearson Anaconda at 65 lbs using Easton 2315's tipped with Spitfire 100's. Any advice or guesses?