HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Curious! Techies please reply.
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 11:34 AM
BHunter32
Fork Horn

Default RE: Curious! Techies please reply.

Pinwheel 12, I was hoping you would chime in. I have grown to respect your opinion since I started on this forum. Correct me if I'm wrong, but what your saying is despite all the tuning and effort you can put into your set-up to perfrom the best with each application, when it comes to hunting, put the broadheads on and shoot them to get the best groups you can with good flight and go huntin'. I was watching a show last night on the outdoor channel and the host said that if your field tips and broadheads don't hit the same, then your bow is not tuned. It gets you to thinking, because like you, I want to be the best I can be with my equipment.. Sometimes's I think that thinking of all this technical stuff can sometimes take the fun out of shooting. By the way, do you have any knowledge of why you would have to advance the top cam timing on the xtec to get a bullet hole through paper. I am almost certain that I do not torgue the bow when shooting. I do not have this problem with either of my 2 mathews bows despite the grip differences. I hope I didn't just start another mathews vs. hoyt war.LOL. I talked to a hoyt sells rep and he said they do this at times, but the cam 1/2 will shoot accurate regardless. My set-up is a hoyt xtec, shooting 67 pounds, 29 inch draw with a loop, nap 3000 micro rest, carbon express 3d select 300's, fletched at 4 degrees right, with 3, 4 inch duravanes, cut to 30 inches. Maybe this will help. Thanks for the replies. BHunter32.