HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunter shoots 5 dead
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 03:32 AM
HighDesertWolf
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunter shoots 5 dead

He said he continued to shoot at others as they ran to their ATVs. He also said he shot one man, believed to be Joey Crotteau, as he ran toward the cabin yelling, "help me, help me."
I dont care what any one says, self defense or not thats freakin murder right there. he shot that poor kid in the back.

Vang then stated that he heard a person use a two-way radio to call for help. When he saw an ATV approaching, he said he reversed his jacket from orange to camouflage and reloaded.
I can understand reversing the orange to camo for concealment from a possible threat in the sense vang was defending himself, I think if i was him instead of worrying about sniping anyone else I would have been getting the heck outta there and looking for help still in the sense vang was defending himself. But what i dont understand and makes me think vang was looking for a confrontation was the part he said he reloaded.... How much ammo did this guy have on him??? when i go deer hunting i have maybe 4 or 5 rounds with me at the most.
then in another article i read vang states he wasnt gonna shoot anyone anymore and threw the rest of his ammo into a swap. once again how much ammo did this guy need if he was just deer hunting???? I think hes a nutcase and was looking for a confrontation.

Vang told investigators that he did not shoot at the ATV because the people on it were armed.
what the hell, freakin murderer he'll shoots at unarmed people trying to get away, but not shoot at armed people??????

you all just need to look at this article in the link im gonna post, goes into more detail of vangs testimony, http://www.jsonline.com/news/state/nov04/277915.asp

If i was a prosecuting attorney and heard this guys testimony. I would say ok maybe you didnt murder a few of them perhaps it was self defense at first but you took it too far and infact did murder some of them. Vang is a nut if at the least he needs to be committed to an insane assylum for long long time perhaps the rest of his life. we dont need people like that in our society.