HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - petition to stop road hunting in virginia
Old 11-23-2004, 07:37 PM
reswire1

Default RE: petition to stop road hunting in virginia

Thanks vahunter, everyone else!
Please don't misunderstand me. I don't want to take away dog hunting, even though people use them to illegally tresspass my land; I just believe standing in a road along with 20 to 30 other hunters, waiting for deer is a little bit too much. In essex county all you have to do is put one foot on the grass and you can pull the trigger. This came directly from the game wardens. I believe that is why they won't waste their time trying to patrol these areas. When they pull up the hunters jump one foot in the ditch and they are legal. He has to see them shoot will both feet are on the road. It's legal to ride around with a loaded weapon in the truck as well. What hunter safety course reccomends this? Does virginia have hunter safety courses at all? If they do, why dosent' the director of hunter safety try and pass laws that make all people a hell of a lot safer. Some say leave it alone, no law is a good law. I say fix the problem before we loose all hunting rights altogether. If you think that knucklehead in wisconsin who shot those other guys didn't hurt your hunting rights, think again. One idiot shooting an innocent person in a car will screw us all. I say make hunter safety rules, hunter safety laws! You can hunt with your dog, hell I might even hunt with you, but I refuse to hunt with people that risk killing their neighbors. I won't turn dogs loose on your posted property either, I don't care who has lived where, longer than who, common sense is plain common sense. Thanks for all the responses. Lets' git'r'done!!!!