HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How much camo is enough?
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2004, 01:00 PM
mlang

Default RE: How much camo is enough?

Staying down wind and not moving while your hunting are much more important. Camo can help but IMHO it's not all that important. For instance, last week, I shot another doe, she was with a large forky when I shot her at about 20 yards. She went down, the buck ran off, I was sure she was dead but I was going to wait a little while just to be safe. I took my coat, hat, gloves, and coveralls off while I was getting ready to go dress her out. I heard something off to my side so I grabbed my gun, I had one permit left and still hadn't gotten a shot at the buck I was chasing durring bow season. It was that same forky and he slowly walked by about 10 yards away. Remember I had taken all my camo off, So I was standing upright not anywhere close to any cover and wearing my jeans and bright blue sweatshirt, and he only glanced at me once. I have had this same type of thing happen more than once over the years. So, I would say unless you have some money burning a hole in your pocket, you should be good to go.